Welcome to Year 6.
Your teachers are: Miss Lewis and Mrs McGuiness.
Please visit their individual pages for more information on school life. This page will have year group events, dates and pictures on.
Please do not hesitate to contact your child's teacher for any further information.
A huge thank you for your support with your child's learning.
This is what we shall be learning this half term:
Curriculum Map - Summer 2
Please ensure that all of your children’s clothes are clearly labelled with their names, this enables lost items to be returned to their owners! Children must not trainers.
- Red jumper/fleece/cardigan
- White shirt/polo-shirt
- School tie
- Black smart shoes
- Black or grey trousers/shorts
- Black or grey trousers/shorts/dress or red chequered dress
- Your child may wear stud earrings and a watch to school if they wish
Due to current COVID19 restrictions we ask that your child comes to school in their PE kit on the days that they are due to have their lesson as we cannot provide areas for them to change.
6AL have PE every Wednesday and Thursday
6GM have PE every Wednesday and Thursday
Please ensure that all PE kit is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Their PE kit should consist of:
- Red T-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms
- Black plimsolls for indoor use and trainers for outdoor use
- A jumper for the cooler seasons
- A hair band if your child has long hair
- NO branded sportswear should be worn AT ALL
- It is really important for your child to practise reading as much as possible in order to consolidate their learning in school and to help them to broaden their vocabulary skills, general knowledge and imagination. While we practise reading in school as much as possible, each child is expected to read to an adult/older sibling at home at least 3 times per week. This needs to be dated and signed by the adult/older sibling who hears them to read in their reading record book.
- Children who meet this requirement receive rewards and prizes.
Please inform your child’s teacher immediately if they have any medical conditions/requirements.
Please speak to the office if medication is required within the school day. If your child only requires medication to be taken between 1-3 times per day then they do not need to take it while at school.
- All children with asthma should have a spare inhaler at school available to them at all times, which must be labelled with their name.
- If your child has any dietary requirements please let us know.
- If your child is unable to come to school for any reason, please call the school (01502) 565757 to let us know as soon as possible (before 9:00am) so that we can mark their absence correctly in the register. We have an absence line that can be called anytime day or night and a message can be left.
- If your child is absent for a longer period of time, your teacher will be happy to provide some work for them to do at home if you wish. Please contact your teacher if this is required
- You can contact the teacher by writing in their reading record book, which is checked daily. Alternatively if you wish to have a meeting with your teacher, please make an appointment with them either through the school office or liaising with the teacher directly.
- Please let your class teacher know if your child is being picked up by an additional adult other than yourself. We will not allow a child to go home with an unfamiliar adult that has not been designated.
- Please inform the main school office if you have a change of address/contact number.
We look forward to the year ahead!
The Year 6 Team