The Government provides funding directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children, the funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
This money can be spent in a number of ways:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs.
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games.
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport.
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
The staff, children and governors at Poplars Community Primary School all agree that the money must be used so that:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability,
- children are given the opportunity to compete in local and regional tournaments,
- staff have access to resources and training opportunities, plus continued professional development to improve the quality of teaching and learning in physical education,
- we explore ways to ensure that swimming is developed so that children are water safe as a minimum standard,
- children are exposed to a range of traditional and non-traditional sports and health-enhancing activities through the curriculum, clubs and school visits.
Please follow the links below to see how our Sports Premium has/is being spent:
Our PE and sport action plan shows how we intend to spend the sports funding during 2023-2024:
Our PE and sport action plan shows how we spent the sports funding during 2022 – 2023:
Our PE and sport action plan shows how we spent the sports funding during 2021 – 2022:
Our PE and sport action plan shows how we spent the sports funding during 2020 – 2021:
Our PE and sport action plan shows how we spent the sports funding during 2019 – 2020: