Please ensure that all of your children’s clothes are clearly labelled with their names.
- Red jumper/fleece/cardigan
- White shirt/polo-shirt
- Black smart shoes
- Black or grey trousers/shorts
- Black or grey trousers/shorts/dress or red chequered dress
Your child may wear stud earrings and a watch to school if they wish
- It is really important for your child to practice reading as much as possible in order to consolidate their learning in school and to help them to broaden their vocabulary skills, general knowledge and imagination. While we practice reading in school as much as possible, each child is expected to read to an adult/older sibling at home at least 4 times per week. This needs to be dated and signed by the adult/older sibling who hears them to read in their reading record book.
- Children who meet this requirement receive rewards and prizes!
Year 5 PE lessons:
5CN - Tuesday and Friday
5MA - Monday and Thursday
However, we ask that your child brings their PE kit in on a Monday morning and takes it home on Friday afternoons, so that it is available to them every day of the week - on occasion, lessons are re-arranged to weather or other events, so PE kits in school daily is vital. Please ensure that all PE kit is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Their PE kit should consist of:
- Red T-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms
- Black plimsolls for indoor use and trainers for outdoor use
- A jumper/hoodie/war-wear for the cooler seasons (outdoor lessons will go ahead in all but the worst of weather)
- A hair band if your child has long hair
- Please inform your child’s teacher immediately if they have any medical conditions/requirements.
- All children with asthma should have a spare inhaler at school available to them at all times, which must be labelled with their name.
- We shall be doing a lot of cooking and food tasting this year so if your child has any dietary requirements please let us know.
- If your child is unable to come to school for any reason, please call the school (01502) 565757 to let us know as soon as possible (before 9:00am) so that we can mark their absence correctly in the register
- If your child is absent for a longer period of time, your teacher will be happy to provide some work for them to do at home if you wish. Please contact your teacher if this is required
There also is a copy below of the letter that you will shortly receive from the school outlining the day to day essential info you and your child will need!
- You can contact the teacher by writing in their reading record book, which is checked daily. Alternatively if you wish to have a meeting with your teacher, please make an appointment with them either through the school office or liaising with the teacher directly.
- Please let your class teacher know if your child is being picked up by an additional adult other than yourself. We will not allow a child to go home with an unfamiliar adult that has not been designated.
- Please inform us if you have a change of address/contact number.
- If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Year Team Leader, either by making an appointment directly, or through contacting the school office.
We look forward to the year ahead!
The Year 5 team