Welcome to Early Years (Nursery and Reception).
Please take a look at all of the info below that contains the important information for day to day life at Poplars!
Our EYFS staff are : Mrs Sims , Mrs Briggs, Mrs Hales, Mr Simpson and Miss Smith
Below you will find useful information about Early Years
Children in Nursery & Reception are expected to wear a Poplars school uniform. Please label all items clearly with your child’s name & class.
This consists of the following:
Black or Dark Grey Trousers
Black or Dark Grey Skirts/Dresses (Red Chequered Dresses for Summer ONLY)
White Polo Shirt or Shirt
Black Smart School Shoes or ALL Black Trainers (NO markings or Logos on etc)
Red Jumper, Cardigan or Fleece
Plain Black, White or Grey Socks for Boys & Girls
Red or Black Tights for Girls
Your child will also need a bookbag and water bottle.
Please ensure your child has a spare set of clothing and underwear in their bag to change into should they have a toileting accident or get wet or messy during their play.
Please inform your child’s teacher immediately if they have any medical conditions/requirements.
Please speak to the office if medication is required within the school day. If your child only requires medication to be taken between 1-3 times per day then they do not need to take it while at school.
- All children with asthma should have a spare inhaler at school available to them at all times, which must be labelled with their name.
- If your child has any dietary requirements please let the main school office know as soon as possible.
- If your child is unable to come to school for any reason, please call the school (01502) 565757 to let us know as soon as possible (before 9:00am) so that we can mark their absence correctly in the register. We have an absence line that can be called anytime day or night and a message can be left.
- If your child is absent for a longer period of time, your teacher will be happy to provide some work for them to do at home if you wish. Please contact your teacher if this is required
- You can contact the teacher by writing in their reading record book, which is checked daily. Alternatively if you wish to have a meeting with your teacher, please make an appointment with them either through the school office or liaising with the teacher directly.
- Please let your class teacher know if your child is being picked up by an additional adult other than yourself. We will not allow a child to go home with an unfamiliar adult that has not been designated.
- Please inform the main school office if you have a change of address, contact number or email.
We're looking forward to a great year!
The Early Years Team