Welcome back to Year 3! Pupils have settled back well and are enjoying the new topics being covered this term. We have begun our new topic for the Autumn term: Arctic Explorers. Already, year 3 have learned a wealth of information.
We continue to appreciate your support with homework and reading regularly. Please do come and talk to us if there is a problem or anything we can help with.
This is the place to go if you need any info on the day to day life at Poplars.
Please ensure that all of your children’s clothes are clearly labelled with their names.
- Red jumper/fleece/cardigan
- White shirt/polo-shirt
- Black smart shoes
- Black or grey trousers/shorts
- Black or grey trousers/shorts/dress or red chequered dress
- Your child may wear stud earrings and a watch to school if they wish
- It is really important for your child to practise reading as much as possible in order to consolidate their learning in school and to help them to broaden their vocabulary skills, general knowledge and imagination. While we practise reading in school as much as possible, each child is expected to read to an adult/older sibling at home at least 3 times per week. This needs to be dated and signed by the adult/older sibling who hears them to read in their reading record book.
- We are hoping in year 3 that every child reads 3 times a week, as classes with 100% readers receive a reward.
We ask that your child brings their PE kit in on a Monday morning and takes it home on Friday afternoons, so that it is available to them every day of the week. Please ensure that all PE kit is clearly labelled with your child’s name. Year group PE sessions are outlined on the letter home which is also available on the website.
Their PE kit should consist of:
- Red polo shirt
- Black/navy shorts
- Black/navy jogging bottoms
- Black plimsolls for indoor use and trainers for outdoor use
- A jumper for the cooler seasons
- A hair band if your child has long hair
Please inform your child’s teacher immediately if they have any medical conditions/requirements.
All children with asthma should have a spare inhaler at school available to them at all times, which must be labelled with their name.
We shall be doing a lot of cooking and food tasting this year so if your child has any dietary requirements please let us know.
- If your child is unable to come to school for any reason, please call the school (01502) 565757 to let us know as soon as possible (before 9:00am) so that we can mark their absence correctly in the register
- If your child is absent for a longer period of time, your teacher will be happy to provide some work for them to do at home if you wish. Please contact your teacher if this is required
We're looking forward to a great year!
- You can contact the teacher by writing in their reading record book. Alternatively if you wish to have a meeting with your teacher, please make an appointment with them either through the school office or liaising with the teacher directly.
- Please let your class teacher know if your child is being picked up by an additional adult other than yourself. We will not allow a child to go home with an unfamiliar adult that has not been designated.
- Please inform us if you have a change of address/contact number.
- If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Year Team Leader, either by making an appointment directly, or through contacting the school office.