Welcome to Year 2.
As we enter the new term we ask you to please take a look at all of the info below that contains the important 'stuff' for day to day life at Poplars!
Your Teachers are: Mrs Tennant and Miss Batty
Don't forget to scroll down to the class pages to see what we have been doing this week and any photos we have taken.
Curriculum Map - Summer 2
Please ensure that all of your children’s clothes are clearly labelled with their names, this enables lost items to be returned to their owners! Children must not trainers.
- Red jumper/fleece/cardigan
- White shirt/polo-shirt
- Black smart shoes
- Black or grey trousers/shorts
- Black or grey trousers/shorts/dress or red chequered dress
- Your child may wear stud earrings and a watch to school if they wish
Due to current COVID19 restrictions we ask that your child comes to school in their PE kit on the days that they are due to have their lesson as we cannot provide areas for them to change.
2KT have PE every Monday and Tuesday
2ZB have PE every Monday and Tuesday
Please ensure that all PE kit is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Their PE kit should consist of:
- Red polo shirt
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms
- Black plimsolls for indoor use and trainers for outdoor use
- A jumper for the cooler seasons
- A hair band if your child has long hair
- NO branded sportswear should be worn AT ALL
Please inform your child’s teacher immediately if they have any medical conditions/requirements.
Please speak to the office if medication is required within the school day. If your child only requires medication to be taken between 1-3 times per day then they do not need to take it while at school.
- All children with asthma should have a spare inhaler at school available to them at all times, which must be labelled with their name.
- If your child has any dietary requirements please let us know.
It is really important for your child to practise reading as much as possible in order to consolidate their learning in school and to help them to broaden their vocabulary skills, general knowledge and imagination. While we practise reading in school as much as possible, each child is expected to read to an adult/older sibling at home at least 3 times per week. This needs to be dated and signed by the adult/older sibling who hears them to read in their reading record book.
Children who meet this requirement receive rewards and prizes for themselves and the class.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and needs to be back into school by the following Wednesday in order for it to be marked.
Spellings homework will be sent home each Friday by your child's 'Read, Write, Inc' teacher, and will be checked the following Friday.
- If your child is unable to come to school for any reason, please call the school (01502) 565757 to let us know as soon as possible (before 9:00am) so that we can mark their absence correctly in the register. We have an absence line that can be called anytime day or night and a message can be left.
- If your child is absent for a longer period of time, your teacher will be happy to provide some work for them to do at home if you wish. Please contact your teacher if this is required
- You can contact the teacher by writing in their reading record book, which is checked daily. Alternatively if you wish to have a meeting with your teacher, please make an appointment with them either through the school office or liaising with the teacher directly.
- Please let your class teacher know if your child is being picked up by an additional adult other than yourself. We will not allow a child to go home with an unfamiliar adult that has not been designated.
- Please inform the main school office if you have a change of address/contact number.
We're looking forward to a great year!
The Year 2 Team