Home Learning - Year One
Some ideas for activities you can do at home for our current project 'Moon Zoom' and our first summer term project, 'Towers, Tunnels and Turrets'.
Home Learning - Year Two
The following documents give some ideas for activities linked to our current project 'Dinosaur Planet' and our first summer term project, 'Wriggle and Crawl', all about minibeasts.
Home Learning Years 5 and 6
Below are our curriculum maps for our upcoming topics, along with some additional activities to keep children busy in their home learning. These will be updated with a new topic for Summer 2 term.
Welcome to our Home Learning Zone.
Take a look at the Class Pages section also- this will have specific sites or activities from your year group.
Please see below links for learning at home during this school closure time.
- NEW - realPE. Log in to this website to follow PE plans, differentiated for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils. Choose between following the daily plans, or just choose your own favorite activities. With videos, music and narration, this should keep you busy, fit and having fun! https://home.jasmineactive.com (email: firstname.lastname@example.org , password: poplarscom)
- NEW - MyMaths. A whole-school interactive resource, used both within the classroom and at home! Interactive lessons as well as set activities to complete, MyMaths offers an interactive way to enthuse your children and embed their knowledge in mathematics. https://login.mymaths.co.uk/ (school username: poplars , password: survey) Please note - at this time the 'Student Portal' is not operational - just close to access the full contents of the website.
- The Body Coach TV - on YouTube. Joe Wicks will be providing a daily PE session for children, beginning at 9.00am.
- www.twinkl.co.uk - lots of curriculum-based activities for children of all ages.
- colouring.com - colour in pictures on your computer
- The National Geographic - lots of interesting information, pictures and links covering all subjects.
- NASA for kids - Lots of fun activities and games about space and exploration.
- Natural History Museum - explore and find out about your favourite animals.
- Lego Challenge - 30 days of different ideas and challenges.
- BBC Bitesize - loads of education resources, games, videos and other activities.
- Phonics play - practise your phonics, spelling and reading.
- Oxford Owls - access free e-books to read online.
- Wildlife Watch - lots of educational and exciting information, crafts and activities.
- Woodland Trust - ideas for outdoor activities to learn about plants, animals and the environment.
- Science museum - activities, games and apps to use at home.
- IXL - lots of different maths games and activities.
- topmarks.co.uk - games and resources to practise your maths skills