Welcome to Early Years (Nursery and Reception).
Please take a look at all of the info below that contains the important 'stuff' for day to day life at Poplars!
Your teachers are: Mrs Sims, Mrs Adkins and Mrs Briggs
Below you will find useful information about Early Years
Children in Nursery & Reception are expected to wear a Poplars school uniform.
This consists of the following:
Black or grey trousers
Black or grey skirts/dresses
White polo shirt or shirt
Red jumper/cardigan or fleece
Please ensure your child has a spare set of clothing and underwear in their bag to change into should they have a toileting accident or get wet or messy during their play.
Please inform your child’s teacher immediately if they have any medical conditions/requirements.
Please speak to the office if medication is required within the school day. If your child only requires medication to be taken between 1-3 times per day then they do not need to take it while at school.
- All children with asthma should have a spare inhaler at school available to them at all times, which must be labelled with their name.
- If your child has any dietary requirements please let us know.
- If your child is unable to come to school for any reason, please call the school (01502) 565757 to let us know as soon as possible (before 9:00am) so that we can mark their absence correctly in the register. We have an absence line that can be called anytime day or night and a message can be left.
- If your child is absent for a longer period of time, your teacher will be happy to provide some work for them to do at home if you wish. Please contact your teacher if this is required
- You can contact the teacher by writing in their reading record book, which is checked daily. Alternatively if you wish to have a meeting with your teacher, please make an appointment with them either through the school office or liaising with the teacher directly.
- Please let your class teacher know if your child is being picked up by an additional adult other than yourself. We will not allow a child to go home with an unfamiliar adult that has not been designated.
- Please inform the main school office if you have a change of address/contact number.
We're looking forward to a great year!
The Early Years Team